500 Startups and Kobe City are thrilled to announce our 4th consecutive accelerator program, which will commence on November 4th, 2019. This year’s program will continue to support startups across all industries and sectors, but will include a special focus on startups within the health space.
For the past three years, 500 Startups and Kobe City have together supported the growth of startups from around the world, including Japan, Hong Kong, Malaysia, South Africa, United States, and more. This year, we will be accepting up to 20 startups.
The program will be led by the 500 Startups team and hand-selected mentors from our global network. They will work closely with each startup to accelerate their development through best operational practices, growth hacking, and data-driven sales techniques to equip the founders with all the tools necessary to bring their startup to the next level.
The program will conclude on December 16, 2019 with a Demo Day in Kobe City. Program participants will have the opportunity to showcase their startups to a curated audience of corporations and players in the venture capital industry.
- Companies must be classified as pre-seed and seed-stage technology companies.
- Company founders are expected to fully participate in all aspects of the program. A maximum of two additional team members (per company) will be also allowed to participate at any time during the program.
- Startups must have an available product or service (MVP), or live beta.
- All industries and sectors are welcome to apply for the 500Kobe Accelerator program. However, there will be a special focus on health-tech startups who are aiming to do business in the field of healthcare, wellness, and well-being.
- This is including but not limited to:
- medical/ pharmaceutical
- food tech
- digital healthcare startups (AI, Saas, IoT, etc.)
- This is including but not limited to:
- The 500Kobe Accelerator program is conducted in English and simultaneous translation services will be provided.
- Participants will receive mentoring, growth hacking learnings, and access to 500’s extensive ecosystem.
- Participation in the 500Kobe Accelerator does not entail or result in participants receiving funding from 500 Startups, although 500 Startups may keep in touch with promising participants after the program.
Space is limited to 25 startups. Apply here before August 26th, 2019.
|Applications Open||Applications are open now,
to apply please visit
|July 29, 2019|
|Applications Close||Call for final applications||August 30, 2019|
|Program Starts||Program Kickoff||November 4, 2019|
|Program Ends||Final Week of Program||December 9-13, 2019|
|Demo Day||Presentation to investors
and corporate executives
|December 16, 2019|
Questions about the program? Please feel free to email us at [email protected] We look forward to meeting you in November!
Visit the 500Kobe Accelerator website (English/Japanese) or 500 Startup’s website to learn more.
500 STARTUPS PROGRAMS, INVESTOR EDUCATION SERVICES, STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP CONSULTING SERVICES AND EVENTS ARE OPERATED BY 500 STARTUPS INCUBATOR, L.L.C. (TOGETHER WITH ITS AFFILIATES, “500 STARTUPS”) AND THE FUNDS ADVISED BY 500 STARTUPS MANAGEMENT COMPANY, L.L.C. DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN ANY REVENUE GENERATED BY THESE ACTIVITIES. SUCH PROGRAMS AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED FOR EDUCATIONAL AND INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD ANY CONTENT PROVIDED AS PART OF ANY SUCH PROGRAMS, SERVICES OR EVENTS BE CONSTRUED AS INVESTMENT, LEGAL, TAX OR ACCOUNTING ADVICE BY 500 STARTUPS OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES.
THIS POST IS INTENDED SOLELY TO PROVIDE INFORMATION REGARDING 500 STARTUPS. ALL CONTENT PROVIDED IN THIS POST IS PROVIDED FOR GENERAL INFORMATIONAL OR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. 500 STARTUPS MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS AS TO THE ACCURACY OR INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS POST AND WHILE 500 STARTUPS HAS TAKEN REASONABLE STEPS TO ENSURE THAT THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS POST IS ACCURATE AND UP-TO-DATE, NO LIABILITY CAN BE ACCEPTED FOR ANY ERROR OR OMISSIONS.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD ANY INFORMATION OR CONTENT IN THIS POST, BE CONSIDERED AS AN OFFER TO SELL OR SOLICITATION OF INTEREST TO PURCHASE ANY SECURITIES ADVISED BY 500 STARTUPS OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES OR REPRESENTATIVES. FURTHER, NO CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS POST IS OR IS INTENDED AS AN OFFER TO PROVIDE ANY INVESTMENT ADVISORY SERVICE OR FINANCIAL ADVICE BY 500 STARTUPS. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD ANYTHING HEREIN BE CONSTRUED AS FUND MARKETING MATERIALS BY PROSPECTIVE INVESTORS CONSIDERING AN INVESTMENT INTO ANY 500 STARTUPS INVESTMENT FUND.