Battlefield 2042 is getting a major new update in time for Season 2. Titled Master of Arms, Season 2 has an August 30 release date and a 1pm BST UK launch time. As you can see from the patch notes below, the latest Battlefield update adds a brand new map Stranded, which is set in and around a beached container ship in Panama. The map launches alongside a new Battle Pass, as well as a new Operator, vehicle and multiple weapons. With the update available to download now on PS5, PS4, Xbox and PC, you can check out the patch notes below.
The specialist, meanwhile, is called Charlie Crawford and comes with a Mounted Vulcan Stationary Minigun, which is said to lay down “immense firepower” for taking down light vehicles and infantry.
Other new additions include the EBLC-RAM vehicle, which is described as a “fast and highly maneuverable armored reconnaissance and attack vehicle designed for hit-and-run strikes on the enemy”.
“It also comes with the ability to place a Spawn Beacon on the Battlefield on which any member of the friendly team can deploy.”
New weapons, meanwhile, include the AM40 Assault Rifle, the Avancys machine gun and the PF51 semi-automatic support weapon.
DICE is also introducing a new Assignments feature, which are missions to unlock weapons and content from past seasons.
“Assignments are missions that allow you to unlock new hardware such as weapons, or the gameplay content from a previous Season.
“You can browse the Assignment for all unlockables via the Collection screen to see which criteria you need to complete. They are permanently available, so you can work towards unlocking them at your own pace.”
The full set of Battlefield Season 2 patch notes can be seen below…
Battlefield 2042 Season 2 Changelog…
• You told us that you want to experience Breakthrough and Rush as both an Attacker and Defender while playing.
– We have made a change where after EoR you now automatically switch teams and play the same map on the opposing side before switching maps
• Improved text readability in the Breakthrough gamemode widget, and added text icons to help explain objectives, such as “Capture”
• Fixed a bug when preview a rank locked weapon, Locked by Battlepass is displayed
• New Player Card Backgrounds are available for Crawford, AM-40,Avancys, PF51, EBLC-Ram and Stranded
• New Player Card Tags are now available to earn unlock and earn
• New Assignments are available to unlock 2 Battlefield Portal Weapons in All-Out Warfare, to gain access to Season 1 content in case you missed it, and new weapons for use in Battlefield Portal
• Enemy Disrupted event XP has been reduced from 20 -> 5
• In a future update we’re looking to split categories for disrupts between soldiers and vehicles, which allows us to further tweak the XP
• All 1942 weapons now have optic attachment options
• All Portal soldiers now have access to Smoke Grenades via Loadout -> Throwable
• Custom Conquest has been added to the Battlefield Portal Builder as a new Conquest game mode with added customizable options for capture points and extra logic options for Battlefield Portal’s Rules Editor
• Multiple improvements have been made across Classic Era maps, such as removing and moving props, and resolving collision and terrain issues
• Players were sometimes unable to spawn on spawn beacons. It’s fixed now
• Voice lines have been updated for 1942 British army non-squad soldiers, German army non-squad soldiers and US army non-squad soldiers
• Visuals of weapon scopes within Portal have been improved by removing lens dirt on several scopes, and added edge tint to most lenses
• Added EnableCapturePointDeploying block to Rules Editor
• Added GetPlayersAtPoint block to Rules Editor
• Added Lis, Mackay, and Paik to the Player Soldiers block in Rules Editor
• Added Season 1 vehicles to Vehicle block in Rules Editor
• Fixed an issue where the Motion Sensor changed teams, but not Icon, when thrown back by an enemy
• Fixed issues with Ammo Bags on top of vehicle wrecks not despawning after a wreck disappears
• Incendiary fire can now damage both your own and enemy deployables
• Smoke Grenades can now put out incendiary grenades
CG Recoilless M5
• Fixed clipping issues when reloading with the CG Recoilless M5
• Fixed issues with CG Recoilless M5 status screen flickering
Smoke Grenade Launcher
• Fixed a bug where the Smoke Grenade Launcher did not drop on death in Hazard Zone
• Fixed an issue where interaction with the Metal doors around the Oil Rig would sometimes not trigger and were slow overall
• Fixed an issue were players could trigger clipping through skyscraper on the Hourglass rooftops
• Fixed an issue with an invisible wall near a ledge close to the B1 sector on Breakaway.
• Fixed an issue where you encounter difficulties when traversing the last step of the stairs while prone on Exposure
• Fixed an issue on Exposure where you would be deployed onto a different objective than what was selected
• Fixed broken smoke VFX on Orbital
• Fixed and issue where the thunder VFX on Manifest was too intense