Battlefield 5 developer DICE has released a brand new update for the multiplayer shooter.
Battlefield 5 update 6.0 is out now on PS4, Xbox One and PC. You’ll need to download it if you want to play online and access the new Into the Jungle content.
However, while the update is out now, Chapter 6: Into the Jungle free DLC has a February 6 release date.
The new update lays the foundations for the next chapter, which introduces a new map, new items, new weapon and commanders.
As you can see from the patch notes below, the new Solomon Islands map is available on Conquest, Breakthrough, Squad Conquest, and Team Deathmatch.
“Deploy in this brand new Jungle environment that’s made by the original creators of Argonne Forest, and Operation Locker,” reads the official map description.
“Solomon Islands features plenty of intense choke points and deep flanking routes, all seamlessly connected by a winding river that runs throughout the length of the map.”
New weapons include the Type 11 LMG, the Model 37 Shotgun, and the M2 Carbine. The M1A1 Bazooka and Lunge Mine are also joining the game.
Battlefield 5 update 6.0 patch notes in full…
• New Map: Solomon Islands, available on Conquest, Breakthrough, Squad Conquest, and Team Deathmatch
• New Weapons: Type 11 LMG, Model 37, M2 Carbine (available via Chapter Rank Rewards)
• New Gadgets: Lunge Mine, M1A1 Bazooka, (available via Chapter Rank Rewards)
• Removed the impact of track disable on initial acceleration. This allows for tanks with disabled tracks to escape; however, medium and high speed performance are still heavily impacted.
• Increased the critical angle from 10 to 20 degrees to better match the visual feedback of having a good angle on an opponent. It was too difficult to tell if you were going to get a critical hit, this increases the margin.
• Increased the range of the AA and AT HMGs to match the coax.
• Fixed Panzer 4 AT round only having 4 shells.
Maps and modes
• Mercury – Players spawning on tanks will no longer unintentionally end up on foot.
• Operation Underground – Fixed a rare bug that could stop the attacking team from spawning on Breakthrough.
• Outpost – The player no longer remains stuck if the tower is destroyed while the player plants it.
• Wake Island – Decreased the number of tanks to improve map balance on Breakthrough.
• Wake Island – Players will now be able to deploy even if their squad gets wiped during the last sector on Breakthrough, while playing as the US.
Weapons & Gadgets
• Grease gun – We’ve made some subtle tweaks to the Suppressor audio to better separate it from the experience when firing the weapon unsuppressed.
• AP Mine – Fixed an issue that was causing the AP mine to not do damage to infantry in Firestorm.
• The following changes have been applied to the bolt action rifles muzzle velocity on the Recon class:
• Ross Rifle: From 600 to 750
• Type 99: From 600 to 750
• We’ll be performing a more substantive pass on our Weapon Balance in our next update for Assault, Medic, and Support. Thank you for all of your feedback on this topic.
UI & Others
• Spotted enemies are no longer represented as arrows on the minimap and do not show the direction (they’re now back to diamond shapes).
• An option to modify the strength of snap zoom has been added for players on Console.
• Fixed a bug that was causing the “Vehicle Buster” combat role to not unlock for some players.
• Fixed a bug that would show the Deploy screen visible on squad screen after leaving pre-round.
• Fixed the incorrect wording in the Type 2A Mastery IV assignment.
• Online server connectivity improvements that in some rare cases could drop a player from a server 30 seconds after joining it.