The new Call of Duty Modern Warfare update rolling out today is a big one for console players, with full patch notes now available to view below.
According to the latest reports, the new COD download is over 10GB on both PS4 and Xbox One, making it another meaty patch.
Developers Infinity Ward hinted at as much earlier this week after confirming that new maps, modes and cosmetic items would be added.
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1.12 has been described as a Season 1 refresh for the game, coming weeks after the initial content was released.
Included in today’s patch notes are details on the new maps – Shipment and Vacant – and the mode Cranked, all of which have been pulled from earlier games.
A message from Activision confirms: “Shipment – the classic Multiplayer map – will debut for traditional 6v6 and for the Gunfight mode.
“With this map playable in various mode, there will be a host of strategies to discover on this battleground.
“Vacant also from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare will take its place in the 6v6 Multiplayer map rotation. Ready up for these two reimagined maps that will offer up the opportunity for epic combat experiences.”
As mentioned above, the new mode Cranked is also available to try out this week, with Activision adding: “Cranked is a fast-paced, high octane Deathmatch where players race against the clock to get kills or suffer an explosive fate.
“For those looking for a unique Co-Op experience check out the latest Special Ops Content: Operation Strongbox, Classic Special Ops Disinform, and Classic Special Ops Bomb Squad.
“Level up your weapons while enjoying the new content; Double Weapon XP is live from December 20 at 10AM PST to December 23 at 10 AM PST.”
Full patch notes have now been released by Activision, following the launch of the new update on all platforms.
They include additional details on bugfixes and any other details regarding the new weapon balances being made to the game.
A short highlight of new content not mentioned above can be found here, including details on bundles and the new Operator, Nikita:
Alongside Mara, the second Operator of Season One, Nikto will be available soon to join the fight. Nikto is a former Russian FSB deep cover agent that has been reassigned to Spetsnaz in the Allegiance forces. Nikto can join your roster of Operators when you pick up the ‘Nikto Operator Bundle’ which features the calculating Nikto, a watch, weapon blueprints, and other personalization items.
The Modern Warfare store has added two more Featured Bundles: ‘Blood Stained’ and ‘Holideadly’. If you want to look menacing, but still display the spirit of the season, then the ‘Holideadly’ bundle is for you. It comes with an ornament weapon charm, two festive Operator skins, a Holiday themed weapon blueprint, and more. Tis’ the season to pick up the bundle to have a Happy “Holideadly” time.
The second new Featured Bundle this week is ‘Blood Stained’ for Zane of the Allegiance. Don a cool outfit with the ‘Pepper Don Red’ Operator skin, get the ‘Arterial’ melee weapon blueprint, plus two more weapon blueprints the ‘Slizen’ and the ‘Aspirator’, and more. Leave your mark on the battlefield with the ‘Blood Stained’ bundle.
Full patch notes for Modern Warfare update 1.12:
- New Operator: Nikto
- New Maps!
- Winter Docks (Winter themed ‘Docks’ 2v2 map)
- Playlist Update!
- Vacant and Shipment 24/7
- Gunfight is back!
- New Special Operation! “Strongbox”
- New Classic Special Operation Missions! “Disinform” and “Bomb Squad”
- Fix for a bug that could players to be stuck in a “Update requires restart” loop
- Fix for a bug where creating a custom mode could prevent access to private match game mode options
- Fix for players disconnecting and experiencing the “TURTLE” error code
- Fix for a bug where the green ‘new’ notification icon was not clearing off the screen even though there weren’t any new items to view
- Implemented fixes for various exploits and boosting techniques
- Fix for some players experiencing a ‘drift’ while using an Xbox controller
- Fixed two bugs that could cause players to accidentally use multiple XP tokens due to a delay between clicking the button and confirmation on our end
- Fixed an issue where Care Packages could fall through the roof of various buildings in Port
- Fixed a bug where players were unable to swap Field Upgrades after selecting Field Upgrade Pro
- Attempting to deploy the Weapon Drop Field Upgrade at the beginning of a round-based mode would result in the Field Upgrade becoming unusable until the player respawns. This has been fixed
- Fixed a bug where all tablet-based killstreaks/Field Upgrades have a zoomed-in view when using on Aniyah Palace
- Made some slight UI adjustments to the base and officer rank progression screens to both have similar designs
- Fix for watches not appearing in modes with preset loadouts
- Added a new menu that allows players to launch a specific Trial
- Fixed a bug that caused keybinds to reset to their default values
- Friend Request & Party Invite Notifications option will be set to Enabled by default after the patch. Players can disable that option through the Account tab of the Options menu
- Implemented several settings for the Auto-Sprint option (Always Sprint, Always Super Sprint)
Added an Auto Move Forward feature for Keyboard and Mouse as well as Controller
- For Keyboard and Mouse, a keybind can be added in the Options menu via the advanced section of Move Forward
- For Controller, when this feature is enabled in the Options menu, it can be activated in game by pushing the movement stick forward twice
Keyboard and Mouse
- Improved navigation in the Store and Battle Pass menus
- Added a Change Zoom/Toggle Hybrid Behavior gameplay option to change which keybind triggers the Change Zoom/Toggle Hybrid
- Footsteps: reduced audible range of 3rd person footsteps
- Increased occlusion on footsteps
- Adjusted various foley sounds that played at a larger range than footsteps during ADS/crouch movements
- Fix for air vehicles not occluding properly
- General occlusion adjustments to all air vehicles
- Fix for knife impact sounds missing from kill cams
- Adjusted hip spread for the .357 Snake Shot so it’s consistent regardless of stance
- Reduced flinch on the Kar98k, EBR-14, and MK2 Carbine
- Several fixes were implemented to prevent crashes and improve stability
Special Operations: Survival
Classic Special Operations:
- Fixed a bug where players were receiving inconsistent amounts of XP
- Fix for rank up UI splashes no working as intended
- When using a Respawn Flare, no UI icon would appear on the minimap (Operation Harbinger)
- Fixed a bug where pistols were dealing too much damage against Juggernauts compared to other weapon classes
- In Operation Crosswind, nearby enemies will not become alerted if a player uses a rocket launcher, causing the player to not break stealth. This has been fixed
- Fixed a bug where players were able to go prone with the minigun if they get revived while having it equipped
- Added the reward players could earn if completing an Operation within the playlist menu
- Reduced the lethality of non-car explosives
- Adjustments to spawns for Hardpoint
Search and Destroy:
- Fix for a bug where the defending team could see the bomb carrier objective icon
- With the ‘Weapon Pings on Minimap’ option is enabled, the bomb carrier would not show as a red dot on the minimap when shooting their weapon. This has been fixed
- Added an in-game data view to display various stats
- Implemented support for Domination