Fall Guys developer Mediatonic has released a brand new update for Season 4.
The Season 4 release date is live on PS5, PS4 and PC, which means new game modes, new gameplay features and a whole host of bug fixes and tweaks.
According to the Fall Guys Season 4 patch notes, headline new features include the Basketfall game mode, which sees teams attempt to dunk as many balls as possible.
That’s on top of other new modes like the team-based Big Shots and Power Trip, the latter of which involves grabbing batteries and painting floors.
New Gauntlet levels – which are usually the best – include Skyline Stumble, Short Circuit, Hoverboard Heroes and Roll On.
In addition to new levels and modes, Mediatonic is also adding all-new team-based round types.
Squad Race tasks players with scoring points for your team by crossing the finish line. The team with the lowest point tally is eliminated.
Then there’s Squad Survival, which is all about staying out of the slime for as long as possible.
Finally, long-time fans will be pleased to hear that daily challenges have been added to the game. The daily challenges will give players the chance to earn rewards such as crown shards.
Fall Guys Season 4 patch notes in full…
• Daily Challenges.
– Log in each day to receive new Challenges to earn bundles of Fame and Crown Shards!
NEW ROUND TYPES:
• Squad Race.
– Score points for your squad by crossing the finish line- The higher your position, the more points you earn!
– The lowest scoring Squads get eliminated, so every Squad member’s performance matters!
• Squad Survival
– Score points for your squad by staying out of the slime! The lowest scoring teams get eliminated.
NEW MODES AND LEVELS:
• Skyline Stumble
• Short Circuit
• Hoverboard Heroes
• Power Trip
• Big Shots
• Roll On
BUG FIXES AND GAMEPLAY TWEAKS:
• Beans are sturdier. No more ragdolling when another bean breaths in your direction or brushes past you in mid-air
• Fixed some ragdolling and excessive jumping issues in some rounds. For example, endless ragdolling in Hex-A-Gone after colliding with another bean
• Fixed errors related to ledge-climbing in some levels like Wall Guys, such as sweat animations failing to play, and inability to climb a ledge when a flipper is present
• Increased physics performance for distant players, leading to an overall smoother experience
• Improved character behaviour when carrying objects around
• Post-elimination flow: you can now quit at any time after being eliminated, no more waiting for the next round to load
• Fixed text displaying that 40 players are needed to start a game on playlists with restricted numbers (I.E Hex-a-Gone Trials)
• Fixed 16/15 eliminated showing on Thin Ice
• Fixed the Qualified element not reducing in value when a player is eliminated during Slime Climb
BUG FIXES AND GAMEPLAY TWEAKS CONTINUED…
• Fall Mountain will now spawn players in a single line so no one is at a disadvantage
• Improved victory moment and flow at the end of episode
• Reduced network traffic usage which should alleviate some of the latency-related issues
• Fixed Fall Guy clipping through the yellow conveyor belt section and getting stuck on Slime Climb
• Improved hoops scoring reliability and fixed cases such as scores failing to update on Ski Fall
• Fixed visual post-processing issues in certain cases like spectating or rotating the camera at some angles
• Fixed Fall Guy respawning twice on the platform next to the mountain peak after falling into the abyss on Freezy Peak
• Fixed invisible Hex-A-Gone tiles in both spectator mode and during normal play
• Fixed multiple players respawning in the same spot on Ski Fall
• Fixed post-processing flickering and missing Fall Guys X-Ray outline when a player grabs a carriable object within close proximity to a wall
• Fixed poor performance in the Outfits menu when browsing with many items available
• Fixed flickering clouds on Perfect Match
• Fixed disqualification on Door Dash after players yeet over the finish line into oblivion
• Fixed camera pivoting backwards after a user has respawned in Knight Fever
• Fixed Checkpoint not triggering in Tundra Run if a Fall Guy is punched high enough into the air
• Fixed number of players qualifying exceeding the qualification limit in all race-type Rounds
• Fixed invisible mid-air collisions when a Fall Guy hit by the flippers during Knight Fever
• Fixed Fall Guy with equipped costume showing as the default bean during an episode
• PS4: Fixed the blurred surrounding area of a Fall Guy on PS4 Pro
• PS4: Fixed memory issues on Base PS4 when opening the customiser with all cosmetics unlocked
• PS4: improved performance and stability in the menus and on certain rounds
• PC: Fixed ‘Back’ and ‘Random’ buttons not working in the Customiser menus with the mouse