Fortnite Battle Royale update 6.01 is live on PS4, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch, iOS and Android.
The latest Battle Royale update is accompanied by a few hours of server downtime, but you can download the patch while you wait.
According to the Battle Royale patch notes, the update introduces the Chiller trap.
This is described as a common trap that can be placed on floors, walls and ceilings.
It applies icy feet to teammates and enemies, causing them to slide around with low friction.
Nintendo Switch gets improved motion controls, while the Fancy Tomato hitbox has been increased.
That’s on top of the usual bug fixes and gameplay improvements that launch with every new update.
Fortnite Battle Royale update 6.01 patch notes….
LIMITED TIME MODE: PLAYGROUND
• Playground Custom Options
• Added more options to Playground. Allowing you to change settings such as starting health, time of day, gravity, and more!
WEAPONS + ITEMS
• Chiller added.
• Common Trap.
• Can be placed on floors, walls, or ceilings.
• Drops in stacks of 3 in Treasure Chests, Supply Drops, Vending Machines, Supply Llamas, and floor loot.
• Applies icy feet to friends or foes, causing them to slide around with low friction.
• Fixed an issue that could cause vehicles to become uncontrollable.
• Made improvements to the motion controls for the Switch to make it feel more accurate and responsive.
• Pets are now hidden along with your character when the camera is too close to you.
• Toys now respect the streamer mode setting for player names in minigame messages.
• Slightly increased the hitbox size on the Fancy Tomato to match its visual size.
• The following adjustments have been made to Glider audio tells:
• Muffled the audio if there isn’t a clear line of sight between you other gliding players.
• Fixed an issue where incorrect audio would play when a teammate was eliminated.
• Added star ratings to the UI elements of all trap items.
• Fixed an issue where players occasionally couldn’t interact with items.