Fortnite update 13.0 is about to be released by Epic Games.
Fortnite Chapter 2, Season 3 has a June 17 release date on PS4, Xbox One, PC, iOS, Android and Nintendo Switch.
The new season means a brand new Battle Pass, complete with new rewards, skins, items and bonuses.
A new season also means a big new update, a lengthy list of patch notes and server downtime, which takes place at 7am BST for fans living in the UK.
“We think the Storm may be up to something…” reads an Epic tweet. “Get ready for Chapter 2 – Season 3. Downtime begins at 2 AM ET (06:00 UTC)!”
While there’s no official server downtime schedule, fans can expect the game to come back online at around 9am BST.
Update 13.0 will be available to download when the servers go offline for maintenance.
File sizes will be revealed once the update goes live, although Epic warns that the patch will be bigger than usual.
“Note: With the launch of the new Season, patch sizes will be larger than normal,” reads a follow-up tweet.
According to the early patch notes, the new update will make one or two much-needed improvements.
That’s on top of the usual map changes, which are likely to involve the map flooding following the recent event.
Based on the Fortnite Season 3 teasers, update 13.0 will introduce a new mode of transportation.
It looks like fans will soon be able to drive a jet-ski around the flooded map, or maybe a dirt bike.
Epic Games has also seemingly teased a brand new Aquaman Fortnite Battle Pass skin. One of the teasers appears to show a Trident, which is used by the DC superhero.
Outside of all the new items, skins, map changes and gameplay additions, Epic will also fix countless bugs and issues.
Check out the early patch notes below, and check back at 7am BST on June 17 for the full list of official patch notes.
Fortnite update 13.0 early patch notes…
Fortnite General Issues…
•Emotes playing over Main Stage music in Party Royale.
– On occasion, Emote music can be heard while at the Main Stage in Party Royale.
• Missing styles for the Specialist Pickaxe and Arroyo Pack Back Bling.
– Some players may be missing styles for the Specialist Pickaxe and Arroyo Pack Back Bling.
Fortnite Battle Royale Issues…
• Hit Indicators showing wrong direction.
– Hit/Damage Indicators will sometimes appear to be coming from the wrong direction than the source of the damage.
Fortnite Mobile Issues…
• Changing between build and combat mode while holding down the fire button
– We’re investigating an issue on mobile where build pieces do not always place when quickly switching between combat and build modes while firing.
• Mobile swipe-up feature may close app on players.
– The swipe-up feature on iOS devices has been reported to be interfering with buttons near the bottom of the screen or closing the app on players.
• New Landmark text may appear multiple times when exploring new locations.
– The “New Landmark” text may appear multiple times when discovering new locations on the Battle Royale map.
• Shadows darker than expected.
– Shadows display at a high contrast and most textures appear as black.