Fortnite fans can finally download update 12.60 on PS4, Xbox One, PC, iOS, Android and Nintendo Switch.
Originally tipped to drop last week, Fortnite update 12.60 has been given a May 20 release date on consoles and PC.
According to Epic Games, update 12.60 will launch alongside server downtime at 7am BST in the UK.
The server downtime is scheduled to last for around two hours, meaning the game should be back online by around 9am BST.
The news was announced by Epic Games on Twitter: “Hello, all! v12.60 is scheduled for Wednesday, May 20. Downtime will begin at 2 AM ET (0600 UTC).
“Thank you for being among The Agency’s finest.”
The sign off suggests update 12.60 will lay the foundations for the end of season event, which is expected to kick off within the next two weeks.
There’s a good chance we’ll get a new set of weekly challenges, not to mention lots of new items, skins and other bonuses.
As you can see from the update 12.60 patch notes below, the new release will fix issues with the Dragacorn Glider and the Riot Control Baton Pickaxe.
The remaining Fortnite update 12.60 bug fixes and gameplay tweaks can be seen in the patch notes below.
Fortnite update 12.60 Battle Royale patch notes…
• Dragacorn Glider temporarily disabled in competitive playlists.
– While we work on an animation fix, the Dragacorn Glider will temporarily appear as a default Glider in competitive playlists on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Mac. The animation fix will apply to all platforms and modes. After the Glider’s animation changes, owners of the Glider will have the option to refund it without the use of a refund token.
• Riot Control Baton Pickaxe temporarily disabled.
– While we work on resolving an issue, the Riot Control Baton Pickaxe will temporarily appear as a default Pickaxe in all playlists.
• Hit Indicators showing wrong direction.
– Hit / Damage Indicators will sometimes appear to be coming from the wrong direction than the source of the damage.
Creative patch notes…
• Players may see a seam running through the middle of an island while playing on mobile devices.
– A seam can be seen running through the middle of an island sometimes while playing on a mobile device.
Save the World patch notes…
• Exploding Deathbomb deals damage to the objective through builds
– Exploding Deathbombs may deal damage to the objective through builds.
• Black Metal Weapons do not respect self-damage amount when performing Critical Hits
– Black Metal Weapons may not properly calculate self-damage when the player lands a critical hit.
• Ammo is consumed when a weapon is dropped and picked up.
– Dropping or spawning a weapon and picking it up will sometimes cause you to lose ammo.
Fortnite update 12.60 General Issues in development…
• Midas’ Golden Touch does not change items gold.
– Midas’ bonus ‘Golden Touch’ ability to turn weapons gold doesn’t work when first picking something up. Instead, dropping and re-equipping the weapon will turn it gold.
• ‘Lock Input Method as Mouse’ does not lock the input method.
– Players may notice their input method repeatedly swap when their ‘Lock Input Method as Mouse’ is set to ‘ON’.
• Emotes playing over Main Stage music in Party Royale.
– On occasion, Emote music can be heard while at the Main Stage in Party Royale.
• Reports of server performance issues.
– We’re aware and investigating reports of server performance issues.