Fortnite update 13.40 – the Joy Ride update – has been officially announced by Epic Games.
Titled the Joy Ride update, version 13.40 hits PS4, Xbox One, PC, iOS, Android and Nintendo Switch on August 5.
The new update launches alongside a period of server downtime, which kicks off at 9am BST for fans living in the UK.
The news was announced by Epic Games on Twitter: “A new game update races around the corner.
“Fortnite v13.40, the Joy Ride Update, drives in tomorrow, August 5. Downtime begins at 4 AM ET (08:00 UTC).”
Needless to say, the headline new feature of the Joy Ride update is the introduction of cars to Battle Royale.
This includes the Whiplash racing car, the Prevalent autombile, the Mudflap lorry, and the Bear pickup truck. Vehicles will have different health values, speeds and fuel capacity, so choose wisely.
As you can see from the patch notes below, the new update makes a series of gameplay tweaks and bug fixes for Battle Royale.
This includes fixes for levelling up issues, challenges, and mouse cursors appearing when using controllers. You can see the full 13.40 patch notes below.
Fortnite update 13.40 General and Battle Royale patch notes…
• Mouse cursor appearing on PC when playing with controller.
– When playing on PC with a controller, players’ mouse cursor may appear after they perform certain actions. This can cause issues with gameplay.
• Water Balloon Toy temporarily disabled.
– Due to an issue, the Water Balloon Toy is temporarily disabled.
• Slow Glider speed after redeploying in certain situations.
– We’re investigating an issue where players may move slower after Glider redeploying in certain situations.
• XP bar can be visually incorrect while in a match. / Incorrect levelling-up.
– We’re aware of an issue that can sometimes occur involving the XP bar being visually incorrect in a match. This can cause players to appear to level up during the match even if they really didn’t. In these instances, please reference the XP bar in the Lobby for an accurate display.
• Ocean’s Bottomless Chug Jug unable to be picked up while recharging if dropped by another player.
– Players may be unable to pick up Ocean’s Bottomless Chug Jug while it’s recharging if it was dropped by another player. In this situation, they’ll get the “Backpack Full!” message even if they have an open inventory slot.
Fortnite update 13.40 General and Battle Royale patch notes continued…
• Deal damage within 10s of landing from the Whirlpool at Hydro 16 should say “at The Yacht” instead.
– The Week 1 Challenge “Deal damage within 10s of landing from the Whirlpool at Hydro 16” should instead say: “Deal damage within 10s of landing from the Whirlpool at The Yacht”
• Land at Frenzy Farm/The Yacht and finish Top 25 not counting in Duos/Squads.
– Challenges to “Land at Frenzy Farm and finish Top 25” and “Land at The Yacht and finish Top 25” may not count if you’re playing in Duos or Squads.
Fortnite update 13.40 Mobile and Creative patch notes…
• HUD Layout Tool v2
– We’re are investigating an issue where the Edit Reset button is not available in the mobile Hud Layout’s Tool Box. The Edit reset button is also not correctly displaying in combat while playing.
• Elimination feed may not appear on the HUD.
– We’re investigating an issue that may cause the players elimination feed during the match to not appear.
Fortnite update 13.40 Mobile and Creative patch notes continued…
• Yellow square appears when you level up.
– We’re investigating an issue on mobile causing players to see a yellow square when you level up.
• Unable to throw Grenades while riding a Loot Shark.
– We are aware of an issue that is preventing players from throwing Grenades while riding a Loot Shark.
• Sail Shark Glider may have yellow coloration on mobile devices.
– The Sail Shark Glider may have a yellow coloration when viewed on certain mobile devices.
• Billboards broken in islands that used Roboto.
– The Roboto Font was removed in v13.30, causing Billboards to be broken in islands that used Roboto.
• Multi-selected items do not rotate properly on grid snap
– Rotating a group of multi-selected items with grid snap on will not correctly rotate the group of items based on the grid snap number. Rotating with grid snap off should still work properly.
• Crash on consoles when renaming a device
– While playing on console, renaming a device will cause the game to crash.