Fortnite Season 8, Week 1 challenges are live for fans of the Battle Royale game.
Epic Games releases seven Battle Royale challenges each week. Three of the weekly challenges are available for free and the other four challenges are exclusive to Battle Pass users.
The challenges are also separated into hard and regular tiers of difficulty.
The hard difficulty Fortnite challenges net players ten Battle Stars, while the regular tasks reward fans with five Battle Stars.
Earning Battle Stars levels up your Battle Pass, which is how you unlock all of the rewards on offer.
Week 1 challenges involve searching chests, dealing damage with shotguns and visiting seven different Pirate Camps.
Another week 1 challenge tasks players with using the brand new Volcano Vents.
This challenge is actually incredibly easy, requiring players to use a Vent in five different matches.
These Vents are dotted around the brand new Volcano, and look a bit like geysers.
To use a Volcano Vent, just walk into it and you’ll shoot up into the sky. It really is that simple.
Do this in five different matches and you’ll complete the challenge and earn the bonus XP.
There are lots of Vents across the map, but we’ve marked five of them on the map above to make things even easier.
The remaining Fortnite Week 1 challenges can be found below…
Fortnite Season 8, Week 1 free challenges:
• Visit all Pirate Camps (7)
• Search Chests at Retail Row or Junk Junction (7)
• Stage 1 – Deal Damage with a Shotgun and an Explosive Weapon in a single match (2)
Fortnite Season 8, Week 1 Battle Pass challenges:
• Visit a giant face in the desert, the jungle, and the snow (3)
• Use a Volcano Vent in different matches (5)
• Get an elimination with a Shotgun, assault Rifle, and an Explosive Weapon (3)
• Deal Damage to a vehicle driven by an opponent (200)