Hearthstone Ashes of Outland is the next card expansion coming to the popular PC and Mobile game in 2020. And it just so happens to be one of the most ambitious and game-changing ones Blizzard has released since the game launched. On top of the new cards coming to the game, the Hearthstone devs are making some massive changes to how the game works before the new expansion arrives.
This includes bringing the new Demon Hunter Class to the game via a new prologue, a unique event even for those who have been playing for years.
“Empowered by demonic energies, the Demon Hunter wields unbridled fury,” a message from Blizzard teases.
“This is exemplified by its Hero Power Demon Claws—a one mana-cost boost to Attack that allows Demon Hunters to fluidly weave direct attacks into their combat strategies.
“Demon Hunters brandish the power of fel, while crushing their opponents with colossal demon allies. They have access to cards with the Outcast keyword, which become more powerful when played from the left or right-most position of your hand—including the turn they’re drawn.”
The good news is that the Demon Hunter Class isn’t a novelty but something that will be supported in all future Hearthstone expansions.
To unlock the new Demon Hunter Class, gamers will need to complete the Demon Hunter Prologue missions that become available this week.
It should be noted that the class will fully unlock with the Ashes of Outland expansion, which will be available download on April 7, 2020.
Meanwhile, the prologue retells Illidan Stormrage’s origin story, from his perspective but with a unique Hearthstone twist.
Upon completion of the prologue, players will receive, for free, all 10 Demon Hunter Basic cards as well as a 20-card Demon Hunter Initiate set.
There will also be a pre-built Demon Hunter deck list—so long as the player has an open deck slot.
And following the launch of Ashes of Outland, 15 new Demon Hunter cards will be released with each future expansion in the Year of the Phoenix.
HEARTHSTONE DEMON HUNTER CLASS RELEASE DATE
As confirmed by Blizzard earlier this year, the Hearthstone Demon Hunter Class release date has been set for Thursday, April 2, 2020.
It should be noted that Blizzard sometimes elects to stagger its launch schedule depending on time zones, meaning that some players might not get access until April 3.
When it comes to an official release time, It doesn’t look like Blizzard has shared one yet for Android, iOS and PC.
And it should also be noted that if a release time is confirmed, server issues and other problems on April 2 could still mean longer wait times. Based on past release schedules, we would expect the Demon Hunter update to begin rolling out at around 10am PT in the United States.
For gamers in the UK, this would mean the new Hearthstone card update arriving at around 6pm, GMT. Here are some of the predicted times for the new Hearthstone release:
- Americas: 10:00 PDT
- Europe: 18:00 GMT
- Asia: 11 December 02:00 KS / 01:00 CST
- China: 11 December 01:00 CST
It should be noted that these remain projections and fans should keep an eye on the latest news being by Blizzard social media channels.
DEMON HUNTER FACTSHEET
- New Demon Hunter Hero: Illidan Stormrage
- Hero Power – Demon Claws: 1 Mana cost; +1 Attack this turn
- Demon Hunter Class Identity: Aggressive attacker who can dominate the early game with glaives and claws, replenishing his health with lifesteal, or control the battlefield with devastating soul magic and powerful demons; Wield powerful fel and soul magic; sacrifice your minions to claim victory.
- New Keyword – Outcast: Powerful bonus when played from the left- or rightmost position in your hand.
- Demon Hunter Cards: 10 Basic (free), 20 Starter set (free), and 15 more in Ashes of Outland card packs; players will earn a golden Basic Demon Hunter card every two levels from 22-60 (20 golden cards total).