As many gamers will have already known, Hearthstone’s next big story expansion was scheduled to arrive today. Galakrond’s Awakening Chapter 1 is now available to download on PC, Android and iOS, although it may take some time for it to reach everyone. This will provide players with a new way to add cards to their collection and also comes with the bonus of being able to play as either the Explorers or the League of E.V.I.L. Both sides have things to offer, although it should be noted that this expansion will cost money if you want to access everything.
The first chapter of the E.V.I.L campaign is free, while Chapter One of the Explorers campaign, which comes with three bonus collectable cards, is available for $6.99 or 700 gold.
“If you’re planning to go the distance with Galakrond’s Awakening, consider picking up the full adventure for $19.99, which includes all chapters and 35 collectable card rewards to unlock as you progress!” a message from Blizzard confirms.
League of E.V.I.L. Chapter: Battle of the Frozen Coast description:
“The League of E.V.I.L. has reached Northrend to put the final stage of their plan into play. Dalaran soars in the skies carrying the Plague of Undeath, and the ultimate goal is now clear.
“Rafaam must resurrect Galakrond if he’s to be proclaimed the villain of all villains! But the League of Explorers is right behind them, allying with the dragon aspects to stop Galakrond’s return.
“In this first chapter, you’ll take control of some familiar faces from past stories, including the arakkoa Kriziki and the fortune-teller Madame Lazul. There are three encounters to complete in League of E.V.I.L. Chapter 1, including a battle against the dapper murloc Sir Finley.”
And while you’re waiting, you can find out exactly what Blizzard has tweaked in its latest Hearthstone patch notes.
Away from the new story content, Blizzard has made some big changes to Battlegrounds.
Two new heroes have been added to the game, including Tirion Fordring and Millhouse Manastorm.
Fordring’s hero ability is Honorable Warband, which costs one and gives minions with no minion type +1/+1.
It’s a nice little change to the game, and could make for some more interesting set ups.
Meanwhile, Manastorm’s hero ability is Passive, making Minions cost 2 Gold and refreshes cost 2 Gold. Oh, and you will also start with 2 Gold.
Another big piece of news is that Voidwalker is no longer part of the Battlegrounds set up, which is bound to affect some playstyles.
A few other notable changes, including new minions to recruit, can be found below:
- Imprisoner: [Demon] 3 Attack, 3 Health.
- Taunt, Deathrattle: Summon a 1/1 Imp.
- Fiendish Servant: [Demon] 2 Attack, 1 Health.
- Deathrattle: Give this minion’s Attack to a random friendly minion.
- Voidwalker: Has been removed from the Battlegrounds minion pool.
- Golden Zapp Slywick: Now has Mega-Windfury instead of Windfury.
- Sir Finley Mrrgglton: Has been removed from the Battlegrounds Hero Pool.
- Note: Finley will be returning in a future update with a new Hero Power.
- Minion lineup history has been added to the Bonus Stats Page! Now, you’ll be able to see your last 5 board states (as of the recruit phase immediately before you won or lost).
- When hovering over opponents on the scoreboard, you will now be able to see how many of the majority minion Tribe are currently in their lineup.
- Note: If your opponent has the same number of minions from multiple Tribes the scoreboard will display “Mixed Minions”.
In-Game Matchmaking Adjustments:
- We’ve adjusted the algorithm that determines which opponent you face each round in a Battlegrounds match. You will no longer face the same player, or Kel’Thuzad, more than once in every 3 combat rounds (unless there are 2 players remaining).