Today’s Overwatch update is expected to be released by around 7pm in the UK, or 2pm EST in the United States.
Blizzard has also confirmed that gamers on the Nintendo Switch will see their games go live at around the same time.
That what we know so far about the timing of the new Overwatch update, and we also know something about what it will contain.
Most fans will have already guessed that the largest part of the new Overwatch patch on PS4, Xbox One, PC and Switch, will be the returning Halloween Terror event.
Blizzard hasn’t given much away about their plans for the 2019 event but we do know it will be kicking off today.
Fans will have just under three-weeks to enjoy it, with the returning modes and new cosmetics disappearing on November 4.
And all the other stuff being tweaked in today’s Overwatch update will be confirmed in official patch notes.
And what will make this update a little more special is that Blizzard has dropped hints at its importance already.
On September 24, PTR patch notes were shared and a new build of the game was tested on the test servers.
And this new version of Overwatch was dubbed a “remaster” in the official PTR patch notes.
“Patch 1.41 is a remaster and will require a relatively large download for all platforms,” Blizzard warned at the time.
And there is no reason to believe that this new version of the game won’t be going live today.
A new announcement on the Overwatch platforms revealed that testing had been completed earlier this week.
It reads: “Thanks for helping us test the game! We are now concluding the 1.41 Public Test. The Public Test Region will not be accessible until we update it with new content in the future.
“As usual, we will leave the PTR Forums active so you can continue to provide any additional feedback and bug reports”
We know that some changes will have been made in the meantime, following the fan feedback and testing.
But the PTR patch notes give us the best idea on what is coming today on PS4, Xbox, PC and Nintendo Switch.
Below, you can find the latest PTR patch notes shared by Blizzard but it should be noted that it does not contain any news on the Halloween Terror event.
This will be shared in the updated patch notes posted by the dev team later today, probably after 7pm, BST.
SEPTEMBER PTR PATCH NOTES FOR OVERWATCH ‘REMASTER’ ON PS4, XBOX ONE AND PC:
- Regeneration rate increased from 12.5% to 16% per second
- Delay before regeneration begins lowered from 1 second to 0.75 seconds
- Cooldown increased from 9 to 10 seconds
- Ammunition increased from 5 to 6.
- No longer blocks Chain Hook and Whip Shot
- High gravity effect duration reduced from 1.2 to 0.9 seconds
- Regeneration rate reduced from 175 to 150 per second
- Now has a 1 second cooldown after recalling the barrier
- Initial 0.2 second cast time removed
- Duration increased from 6 to 9 seconds
- Health increased from 600 to 700
- Health decreased from 250 to 200
- Speed boost’s effect increased from 20% to 25%
Amp It Up
- Speed boost’s amplification increased from 50% to 60%
- Speed buff reduced from 40% to 30%
- The extra beams created by Valkyrie now ignore enemy barriers
- Self-healing reduced from 30 to 20 health per second
- Time to reach max charge increased from 1 to 1.4 seconds
The Best Defense…
- Shield health gained per hit reduced from 35 to 30
- Cooldown increased from 4 to 6 seconds
- Cooldown now begins immediately upon deploying the beacon or if it is killed by an enemy
- Duration reduced from 15 to 12 seconds
- Health reduced from 5000 to 4000
- Damage per second reduced from 50 to 40
- Players impacted by the primary fire beam should now hear a louder impact sound
- Damage falloff now starts at 13 meters, up from 10 meters
- Fixed a player profile issue preventing hero win percentages from being displayed for competitive arcade mode seasons
- Fixed a bug with Brigitte’s Rally checking line of sight from her feet instead of from her head
- Fixed a bug with Inspire’s position being affected by the player’s aim pitch
- Fixed a bug that allowed Doomfist to use Meteor Strike before taking impact damage from Sigma’s Gravitic Flux
- Fixed a bug that allowed Sigma’s Gravitic Flux to ignore line of sight through some ceilings
- Fixed a bug with EMP’s position being affected by player’s aim pitch
- Fixed a bug that caused Winston’s Barrier Projector to not consistently play its destroyed visual effects