UPDATE: PUBG Mobile update 1.4 is now rolling out across Android and iOS today, weighing in at between 600MB and 1.7GB, depending on the platform you use.
It should be noted that today’s new patch includes new modes and plenty of other content but the PUBG Season 19 Royale Pass is not scheduled to arrive until May 17.
ORIGINAL: PUBG Mobile update 1.4 is launching today, and Tencent is expected to start launching the big patch from 1am BST onwards.
The development team usually releases new updates region-by-region, so you might be waiting a little longer than others.
The good news is that everyone will have access to PUBG Mobile 1.4 by the end of today, with the download requiring more hard drive space.
According to Tencent, the server will not be taken offline for this update, and it will require 660 MB of storage space on Android devices.
It’s worse for iOS users, as this version requires 1.67 GB and could cause a few issues for gamers with less space.
Today’s PUBG Mobile update might also cause a few other issues as it arrives across the globe.
With two different versions arriving, there will be a point when some gamers won’t be able to play together due to a version mismatch.
The only way to solve this is to download the latest PUBG Mobile update as soon as you can.
Today’s PUBG Mobile update will be launching new modes and weapon changes, but won’t include the new Season 19 Royale Pass.
This has a release date set for May 17, and will come complete with new cosmetics to unlock.
This week’s update brings new content to the game straight from the Godzilla Vs Kong franchise.
The official description reads: “Mysterious Titans have struck, and monsters from beneath the earth’s surface are rising up and forming settlements!
“Experience the shock and thrill of seeing the Titans up close on the map! There are three mysterious Titans in total that can be found on Erangel, Sanhok, and Livik, respectively.
“An entrance will appear on the map once the gameplay is available. Simply select the entrance to start the gameplay.
“The Titans will first make a spectacular entrance on Spawn Island. After combat begins, the Titan will start moving along a random path across the map and interact with the newly added camps and monster settlements. Take your time to explore these new elements, including the camps of the Apex Expeditionary Army, monster settlements, and Titan Crystals!”
- When a Titan runs across a monster settlement, its natural instincts take over, and it will take no mercy on the underground monsters at its feet.
- The Titans do not have fond memories of the Apex Expeditionary Army, which is why they will destroy all Apex camps in their way.
- While the Titans aren’t normally hostile to players, too many players at any one location can irritate them. Watch out for attacks from an irate giant!
- Titans gradually absorb energy emanating from the earth. Once the energy reaches a certain threshold, the Titans release it and create Titan Crystals around them. Different types of Titan Crystals have different effects.
- Erangel Titan Crystal: A special throwable item that knocks back enemies and burns them
- Sanhok Titan Crystal: A special crystal that enhances the player’s abilities, such as running speed and jumping height
- Livik Titan Crystal: An item that can be used to detect enemies in the vicinity for a brief period.
- The M249’s appearance has been updated, and its stats have been adjusted.
- The M249’s rate of fire and damage have been slightly reduced. Its recoil has been increased, and its magazine capacity has been reduced from 100 to 75.
- New magazine and stock attachments have been added, which can be equipped to increase the M249’s reload speed and capacity. With the increased magazine capacity, it can hold up to 150 rounds.
- The M249 can also be equipped with a Tact Stock to help control recoil and improve stability.
Pistol Balance Adjustments
- Slightly increased the headshot multiplier of all pistols.
- Greatly increased damage multiplier of all pistols for hitting arms/legs.
- Increased the R1895’s damage, and greatly increased its rate of fire.
- Increased the damage of the R45 and P1911.
- Slightly increased the P92’s damage, and greatly increased its rate of fire.
- Slightly increased the Desert Eagle’s rate of fire.
Sniper Rifle Scopes Crosshair Offset Calibration
- Updated Marksman Rifles, improved the scope’s cross-hair calibration by reducing the aiming crosshair drift.